If you're a data privacy and governance specialist looking for a job that will offer you the chance for some serious career growth and development, we would love to hear from you!
Our client is looking for a Global People Data Manager to focus on the high-profile area of data protection and governance. You'll be part of the People Function (HR) and working to ensure that all global employee data is managed securely, and its use is aligned with data protection regulations.
This role will be a great opportunity to get exposure and interact with a wide variety of colleagues across the department and wider business, creating opportunities to build or further your career in the function whilst delivering a critical element of the operations strategy.
Role and Responsibilities
· Making sure all necessary activities and processes are in place to support and enable data protection framework.
· Using an efficient data management plan incorporating data maps, maintaining our record of processing documentation and undertaking data privacy assessments to ensure colleague data is managed appropriately.
· Acting as champion and subject matter expert for the People Function on data protection and governance matters, providing an education programme and facilitate and influence activity through to the most senior levels of the department.
· Identifying and managing the specific key risks and key controls relating to data governance and protection. This will involve maintaining appropriate records and ensuring that controls are sufficiently well designed and operate effectively to keep any risk within accepted tolerance level. Identify and report the status of any relevant risks and controls as appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
· Qualification(s) related to data governance and/or data protection.
· Experience of acting as a key contact for matters involving data governance, the Data Protection Act, data management frameworks, data retention and data security.
· Experience in the following (preferably within the financial services sector): Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIAs), critical data registers, data maps, data retention schedules and data subject rights and managing data breaches.
· Able to execute and bring to life polices/standards/frameworks and simplify complex data to support good decision making across different teams.
· Exposure to Risk, Compliance and Audit teams within organisations you've worked for.
· Great written and verbal communication skills, influencing skills and the ability to challenge.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy